Thursday, November 8, 2007

Susie Ormand on Self-Employment

Yahoo is featuring an article by the first lady of money, Suze Orman today. She cautions against many mistakes I have already made and a few I have not tried.

Because I love my primary calling/work as a pastor, I am never tempted to take an early retirement to follow my business sub-passions. However, I know many who have traveled that path. To them, the old adage, "Don't give up your day job" is not meant as a discouraging word - They are seldom heard at this home on the range.

Back to Suze on self-employment reminded.

Not to be a disputer, but I do prefer Robert Kyosaki's distinction between self-empoyed persons and business owners when categorizing the four quadrants of income generation. Having said that, I think Suzie Ormand presents some extremely valuable information for those whom the government considers, "self-employed" for income tax purposes:

Suze Orman Money Matters

Suze Orman, Money Matters

Protecting Yourself When You're Self-Employed

by Suze Orman

Especially helpful, is Suze's advice on Planning for Entrepreneurship:

• Figure out the replacement cost of lost benefits.

• Don't access retirement savings.

• Keep the home-equity tap turned off.

• Don't rely on credit.

Good advice all around from America's premier financial advisor.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Google
Web YOUR DOMAIN NAME
Get paid Daily on the Internet

Click Here to Get Your Free Ticket to Income for Life™

No comments: